Westcliff Care Home
Westcliff Care Home aims to provide a high standard of quality care and enable a better quality of live for the service users, through the services provided in our various homes.
We aim to achieve this by providing an environment which is safe, comfortable, congenial, hygienic and stimulating.
We will work in partnership with the families of the service users, staff and government agencies to ensure the service users goals of fulfilment are met in every aspect of their daily life.
All of the above mentioned is achievable, by ensuring we recruit first class people, provide good training and maintain good housekeeping. This will enable us to add value to services offered in our homes, as well as control the costs of our operation to achieve a return on our assets which are acceptable and sustainable.
Statement of Intent
- The company recognizes and accepts responsibility as an employer for carrying out their business in a manner which will not, as far as it is reasonable, give rise to an undue risk to the Health & Safety of their employees and other persons within the home. Furthermore the company shall take all reasonable precautions to prevent any heath and/or safety risks for the employees as well as the service users.
- As employers the company will make all efforts to comply with their obligations as laid down in the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Management of Heath& Safety at Work Regulations 1992; via constant vigilance on all aspects to health and safety, in particular to the following provisions which affect its employees
- Provision of Plant & Equipment that is safe
- Provision of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is necessary
- Identification of unmet needs and a comprehensive plan to satisfy them
- Safe arrangements for the use, handling and storage of dangerous substances
- Provision of adequate First Aid facilities
- Provision of a safe place of work with safe access and egress from there
- Provision of a healthy working environment
- Provision of instructions, training, supervision and information to enable all employees to carry out their duties in a safe and professional manner, whilst also encouraging an active role in ensuring the Health & Safety Standards within the home
- The company will as far as is possible, take reasonable practicable action to ensure the following:
- The active prosecution of the policy
- Clearly define the areas of responsibility for safety where appropriate
- Lay down codes of practice, instruction manuals, Policies & Procedures, standards, advise etc. where they apply to Health & Safety in relation to work carried out within the home
- Endeavour to provide necessary resources for the effective pursuance of this policy
- Where practicable, ensure that any persons other than employees who may be within the home are also covered with the protection of this policy
- Ensure that all employees, whose participation in the effective prosecution of this policy is vital, are constantly aware of the policy as well as any updates and/or changes made to it.